My weight loss jorney...

Facebook Badge

Shannon Fackler's Facebook profile

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tapiola Park part 1

We found the coolest kids play structure on our last camping trip. Well we didn't find it like it was hidden but I found this book on Astoria, as I was browsing through it I came across the mention of this park. I thought it sounded pretty cool so I programmed it in as part of our stops for the day of exploring. This park has won awards, I can totally see why. When designing this park they asked kids what they wanted in it so in essence the kids helped design it and it has many of the sites from Astoria replicated to play in.

The Flavel House tribute


Fort Clatsop tribute


Free Willy tribute


Astoria-Megler Bridge tribute


Ship tribute: this could be due to the Goonies ending ship or it could just be towards all the history Astoria has in the shipping world, you decide.

No comments: