My weight loss jorney...

Facebook Badge

Shannon Fackler's Facebook profile

Friday, October 26, 2007

Two steps forward, {sigh} one step back

OY! I had my first weight gain Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket {sigh} I know, I know I am still down overall. It is just hard to hear a gain.

It is funny too that our leader discussed fact or fiction type things today too. The most common is probably a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat...duh a pound is a pound that is why it is called a pound. hehehe I guess the true question would be if you take the same mass size of fat vs muscle would the muscle then weigh more than the fat???

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I have been playing with recipes lately trying to incorporate more veggies in our diets. I am finding the trick is choosing really flavorful dishes to succeed with it. I added just pureed cauliflower to regular mac-n-cheez and it was flavorful enough not to taste it EXCEPT there was a cauliflower after taste. My solve add a few dashes of Chipotle Tabasco sauce and voila! I am not a spicy girl and let me tell you it added a nice smokey after taste instead no spicy to it!!! But I added the same amount of cauliflower to a cheese mixture that had Italian seasoning and could not even taste the cauliflower.

I found that if I have things prepped I am more apt to actually use them too. When we came back from the store yesterday I sat and pounded my chopper (LOVE IT) to crank out my onions {boy were they strong-phew}, chopped up my bell peppers, cut up my zucchini, cut up some carrot and celery for my veggie soup. Plus I prepped my cauliflower and broccoli for puree'g. So do you think all that pounding of the chopper could be considered great exercise? Thoughts like that like that are probably why I didn't lose this week hehehe. I am making a recipe today that Rachel Ray made two days ago so wish me luck. Okay I have probably gabbed WAY too much now but then again I am just talking to myself so what do I care. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
mmmmmmmwwaaaaaaaaaahhh to all my sista's {wink to my new friend Em}

No comments: